Terms and Conditions of “1-week Designated Currency Time Deposit Interest Rate of Up to 9.3% p.a.” Offer:
- The promotion period of this offer is from 22 April 2020 to 30 September 2020, both dates inclusive (“Promotion Period”), and this offer is applicable to the exchange of any Designated Currency with the Designated Exchange Amount via any Designated Transaction Channel.
Designated Currencies and respective Designated Exchange Amounts are as follows:
Designated Exchange Amount
AUD10,000 – AUD200,000
CAD10,000 – CAD200,000
GBP10,000 – GBP200,000
NZD10,000 – NZD200,000
USD10,000 – USD200,000
CNY50,000 – CNY2,000,000
HKD50,000 – HKD2,000,000 or the capped transaction amount for the conversion of the foreign currency into the HKD which is applicable to this promotion*, whichever is lower
*The respective capped transaction amounts for the conversion of the foreign currency into the HKD which are applicable to this promotion are: AUD 200,000; CAD 200,000; CHF 200,000; CNY 2,000,000; EUR 200,000; GBP 200,000; JPY 20,000,000; NZD 200,000; THB 2,000,000; USD 200,000 and ZAR 500,000.
Designated Transaction Channels and Transaction Times are as follows:
Designated Transaction Channel
- Hang Seng Personal e-Banking
- Hang Seng Personal Banking mobile app
8:00am to 7:55pm, Monday to Friday (except Hong Kong public holidays and holidays in the location of that designated currency)
Phone banking hotlines
- Prestige Signature Banking (852) 2998 8022
- Prestige Banking (852) 2998 9188
- Preferred Banking (852) 2822 8228
- Integrated Account (852) 2998 8008
9:00am to 7:00pm, Monday to Friday
9:00am to 12:55pm, Saturday
9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
9:00am to 1:00pm, Saturday*
*University branches are closed on Saturdays
- This offer is only applicable to customers who fulfill the below requirements (“Eligible Customers”):
- Perform the exchange of AUD, CAD, CNY, GBP, HKD, NZD or USD (“Designated Currencies”) with the Designated Currency Exchange Amount, through a sole-named or joint-named Integrated Account (including Prestige Signature, Prestige Banking, Preferred Banking and Integrated Account) (“Eligible Account”) held with Hang Seng Bank Limited (“the Bank”), via the respective Designated Transaction Channel of the Bank (Hang Seng Personal e-Banking, Hang Seng Personal Banking mobile app, phone banking hotlines or branches) (“Designated Transaction Channel”) within the Transaction Time during the Promotion Period; and
- Set up a 1-week time deposit in the same currency through the Eligible Account via the same transaction channel at the same time.
- For transaction via Hang Seng e-Banking or Hang Seng Personal Banking mobile app, customer must perform exchange of a Designated Currency via “Foreign Exchange” > “Foreign Exchange Service”. And after the transaction completed, customer must click “Set up time deposit” instruction on the top of the Acknowledgement Page to set up a 1-week time deposit to enjoy this offer.
- This offer is not applicable to transaction via FX Order Watch and FX transaction via HARO in Hang Seng e-Banking or Hang Seng Personal Banking mobile app.
- Any exchange which is not performed with a Designated Currency through an Eligible Account (i.e. Prestige Signature, Prestige Banking, Preferred Banking or Integrated Account) will not be eligible for this offer.
- Any transaction which does not meet the Designated Currency Exchange Amount requirement, or customer does not set up a 1-week time deposit immediately after the currency exchange will not be eligible for this offer. In case of disputes, the decision of the Bank on the customer’s eligibility to enjoy this offer shall be final.
- Eligible Customer can enjoy this offer more than once during the Promotion Period.
- This offer is not applicable to the renewal of time deposit and cannot be used in conjunction with other interest rate or exchange rate offers for the same currency.
- Interest rates and exchange rates are subject to review according to changes in market conditions from time to time. The Bank reserves the right to change the interest rate of this offer at any time.
- Unless otherwise specified, this offer is not applicable to corporate account customers and Private Banking customers.
- No person other than the customer and the Bank (which includes its successors and assigns) will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any of the provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to prevailing regulatory requirements.
- The Bank reserves the right to suspend, vary or terminate this offer and the relevant promotion at any time and to amend the relevant Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Bank on all matters relating to this offer and the relevant promotion shall be final and binding on all parties concerned. This offer and the relevant promotion are subject to the Terms and Conditions of relevant products or services. If there is any inconsistency between the Terms and Conditions of relevant products or services and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- In case of any discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.