Investment involves risk (including the possibility of loss of the capital invested). Prices of investment products may go up as well as down and may even become valueless. Past performance information presented is not indicative of future performance. Investors should not only base on this marketing material alone to make any investment decision, but should read in detail the offering documents and the Risk Disclosure Statement of the relevant investment products.
Risk Disclosure of Investment Fund Services
- All investment involves risks (including the possibility of loss of the capital invested), price of fund units may go up as well as down and past performance information presented is not indicative of future performance. Investors should read the relevant fund's offering documents (including the full text of the risk factors stated therein (in particular those associated with investments in emerging markets for funds investing in emerging markets)) in detail before making any investment decision.
- The risks for funds which are index funds include but not limited to:
- Tracking error risk: There can be no assurance that the performance of the relevant fund will be identical to the performance of the relevant index. Factors such as the fees and expenses borne by the relevant fund, the time differences associated with portfolio re-balancing, the prices at which the constituent stocks of the relevant index are acquired or disposed by the relevant fund, the market condition at the relevant time of acquisition or disposal, the index-tracking strategies or financial derivative instruments used will affect the performance of such fund relative to the relevant index.
- Passive investment risk: Fund manager does not have any discretion to select stocks individually or to take defensive positions in declining markets or changes in the composition of the index. Hence, any fall in the relevant index will result in corresponding fall in the value of the relevant fund. The composition of the relevant index may change and stocks currently comprising the relevant index may subsequently be delisted. Other stocks may also be added subsequently to become constituent stocks of the relevant index.
- Concentration risk: The relevant fund may be concentrated in a single or particular sector(s) or single country/ region. The performance of the relevant fund could depend substantially on the performance of the relevant single or particular sector(s)/market(s) and the relevant fund is likely to be more volatile than a broad-based fund as it is more susceptible to adverse conditions in the relevant single or particular sector(s) / market(s). In seeking to reflect the weightings of constituent stocks of the relevant index, investments of the relevant fund may be concentrated in a single constituent stock or several constituent stocks. The performance of the relevant index and the fund may be significantly affected by the price fluctuation of one or several of the constituent stocks of the relevant index.
Important notes and disclaimer
- This webpage has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong ("SFC"). The information contained herein is for general information and reference purposes only and is not intended to provide professional investment or other advice. It is not intended to form the basis of any investment decision. Persons accessing this webpage should not make any investment decision based solely on the information and services provided herein. Before making any investment decision, persons accessing this webpage should take into account his/her own circumstances including but not limited to his/her financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives, and should understand the nature, terms and risks of the relevant investment funds. Persons accessing this webpage should obtain appropriate professional advice where necessary.
- This webpage is not intended to provide or regard as legal or taxation advice, or investment recommendations.