Risk Disclosure Statement of Securities Investment:
Investment involves risks and the prices of securities fluctuate, sometimes dramatically. The price of a security may move up or down, and may even become valueless. It is as likely that losses will be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling securities. Investors should not only base on this material alone to make any investment decision, but should read in detail in the relevant risk disclosure statements. Investors should note that investing in different Renminbi-denominated securities and products involves different risks (including but are not limited to currency risk, exchange rate risk, credit risk of issuer / counterparty, interest rate risk, liquidity risk (where appropriate)). The key risks of investing in A-shares of Stock Connect Northbound Trading include:
Risk Disclosure Statement of Investment Funds:
- Transactions under the Northbound or Southbound Trading of Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect / Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect will not be covered by the Investor Compensation Fund in Hong Kong.
- Once the respective quota is used up, trading will be affected or will be suspended.
- Northbound Trading will only operate on days when both markets are open for trading and when banks in both markets are open on the corresponding settlement days. Investors should take note of the days the Northbound Trading is open for business and decide according to their own risk tolerance whether or not to take on the risk of price fluctuations in securities during the time when Northbound Trading is not trading.
- When some stocks are recalled from the scope of eligible stocks for trading via Northbound Trading, the stocks can only be sold but NOT bought.
- Investors will be exposed to currency risk if conversion of the local currency into Renminbi is required.
Investors should note that all investments involve risks (including the possibility of loss of the capital invested), prices of fund units may go up as well as down and past performance information presented is not indicative of future performance. Investors should read the relevant fund’s offering documents (including the full text of the risk factors stated therein (in particular those associated with investments in emerging markets for funds investing in emerging markets) ) in detail before making any investment decision.
Diversified investment products, as well as an efficient and reliable investment platform, are of the essence for business financial management. That’s why Hang Seng provides you with a full spectrum of services to help you step into investment opportunities and achieve capital appreciation.
From now till 31 March 20201, new Commercial Investment Services customers can enjoy the following fabulous transaction offers during the Applicable Offer Period2:
Hong Kong Stocks,
SSE Securities and SZSE Securities
Investment funds distributed by
Hang Seng Bank:
Act now to open your Securities or Investment Funds Account to enjoy welcome privileges!
Opening Accounts Online is Easy and Hassle-free
Hang Seng Business Integrated Account customers simply have to log onto hangseng.com/business/e-Banking to open Investment Fund and Securities Accounts according to the steps below. It’s simple, quick and convenient!