Risk Disclosure Statement of Securities Investment:
Investors should note that investment involves risks. The prices of securities fluctuate, sometimes dramatically. The price of a security may move up or down, and may become valueless. It is as likely that losses will be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling securities. Investors should not only base on this material alone to make any investment decision, but should read in detail in the relevant risk disclosure statements.
Investors should note that investing in different Renminbi- denominated securities and products involves different risks (including but are not limited to currency risk, exchange rate risk, credit risk of issuer / counterparty, interest rate risk, liquidity risk (where appropriate)). The key risks of investing in A-shares of Stock Connect Northbound Trading include:
Risk Disclosure Statement of Investment Funds:
- Transactions under the Northbound or Southbound Trading of Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect / Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect will not be covered by the Investor Compensation Fund in Hong Kong.
- Once the respective quota is used up, trading will be affected or will be suspended.
- Northbound Trading will only operate on days when both markets are open for trading and when banks in both markets are open on the corresponding settlement days. Investors should take note of the days the Northbound Trading is open for business and decide according to their own risk tolerance whether or not to take on the risk of price fluctuations in securities during the time when Northbound Trading is not trading.
- When some stocks are recalled from the scope of eligible stocks for trading via Northbound Trading, the stocks can only be sold but NOT bought.
- Investors will be exposed to currency risk if conversion of the local currency into Renminbi is required.
Before making an investment decision, investors should note:
RMB Currency Risk
- All investment involves risks (including the possibility of loss of the capital invested), price of fund units may go up as well as down and past performance information presented is not indicative of future performance. Investors should read the relevant fund's offering documents (including the full text of the risk factors stated therein (in particular those associated with investments in emerging markets for funds investing in emerging markets)) in detail before making any investment decision.
- The risks for funds which are index funds include but not limited to:
Tracking error risk: There can be no assurance that the performance of the relevant fund will be identical to the performance of the relevant index. Factors such as the fees and expenses borne by the relevant fund, the time differences associated with portfolio re-balancing, the prices at which the constituent stocks of the relevant index are acquired or disposed by the relevant fund, the market condition at the relevant time of acquisition or disposal, the index-tracking strategies or financial derivative instruments used will affect the performance of such fun relative to the relevant index.
Passive investment risk: Fund manager does not have any discretion to select stocks individually or to take defensive positions in declining markets or changes in the composition of the index. Hence, any fall in the relevant index will result in corresponding fall in the value of the relevant fund. The composition of the relevant index may change and stocks currently comprising the relevant index may subsequently be delisted. Other stocks may also be added subsequently to become constituent stocks of the relevant index.
Concentration risk: The relevant fund may be concentrated in a single or particular sector(s)or single country/ region. The performance of the relevant fund could depend substantially on the performance of the relevant single or particular sector(s)/market(s) and the relevant fund is likely to be more volatile than a broad-based fund as it is more susceptible to adverse conditions in the relevant single or particular sector(s)/ market (s). In seeking to reflect the weightings of constituent stocks of the relevant index, investments of the relevant fund may be concentrated in a single constituent stock or several constituent stocks. The performance of the relevant index and the fund may be significantly affected by the price fluctuation of one or several of the constituent stocks of the relevant index.
- The risks for funds which are bond funds, including but not limited to the credit/default risks of the issuers of the bonds in which the bond funds invest, interest rate risk and liquidity risk etc.
Renminbi ("RMB") is subject to exchange rate risk. Fluctuation in the exchange rate of RMB may result in losses in the event that the customer subsequently converts RMB into another currency (including Hong Kong Dollars). Exchange controls imposed by the relevant authorities may also adversely affect the applicable exchange rate. RMB is currently not freely convertible and conversion of RMB may be subject to certain policy, regulatory requirements and/or restrictions (which are subject to changes from time to time without notice). The actual conversion arrangement will depend on the policy, regulatory requirements and/or restrictions prevailing at the relevant time.
Diversified investment products, as well as an efficient and reliable investment platform, are of the essence for business financial management. That’s why Hang Seng provides you with a full spectrum of services to help you step into investment opportunities and achieve capital appreciation.
From now till 30 June 2022Footnote remark , new Commercial Investment Services customers can enjoy the following fabulous transaction offers during the Applicable Offer PeriodFootnote remark :
Brokerage Fee for
buy and sell trade of StocksFootnote remark
50% offFootnote remark
Act now to open your Securities or Investment Funds Account to enjoy welcome privileges!
Opening Accounts Online is Easy and Hassle-free
Hang Seng Business Integrated Account customers simply have to log onto hangseng.com/business/e-Banking to open Investment Fund and Securities Accounts according to the steps below. It’s simple, quick and convenient!