Risk Disclosure Statement of Securities Investment:
Investors should note that investment involves risks. The prices of securities fluctuate, sometimes dramatically. The price of a security may move up or down, and may become valueless. It is as likely that losses will be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling securities.
Investors should note that investing in different Renminbi- denominated securities and products involves different risks (including but are not limited to currency risk, exchange rate risk, credit risk of issuer / counterparty, interest rate risk, liquidity risk (where appropriate)). The key risks of investing in A-shares of Stock Connect Northbound Trading include:
- Transactions under the Northbound or Southbound Trading of Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect / Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect will not be covered by the Investor Compensation Fund in Hong Kong.
- Once the respective quota is used up, trading will be affected or will be suspended.
- Northbound Trading will only operate on days when both markets are open for trading and when banks in both markets are open on the corresponding settlement days. Investors should take note of the days the Northbound Trading is open for business and decide according to their own risk tolerance whether or not to take on the risk of price fluctuations in securities during the time when Northbound Trading is not trading.
- When some stocks are recalled from the scope of eligible stocks for trading via Northbound Trading, the stocks can only be sold but NOT bought.
- Investors will be exposed to currency risk if conversion of the local currency into Renminbi is required.
Investors should not only base on this material alone to make any investment decision, but should read in detail in the relevant risk disclosure statements.
Risk Disclosure Statement of Investment Funds:
Investors should note that all investments involve risks (including the possibility of loss of the capital invested), prices or value of investment fund units may go up as well as down and past performance information presented is not indicative of future performance. Investors should read carefully and understand the relevant offering documents of the investment funds (including the fund details and full text of the risk factors stated therein) and risk disclosure statements of the relevant investment funds before making any investment decision. Investors should carefully consider whether an investment is suitable for them in view of their own investment objectives, investment experience, preferred investment tenor, financial situation, risk tolerance abilities, tax implications and other needs, etc., and should understand the nature, terms and risks of the investment products. Investors should obtain independent professional advice if they have concerns about their investment.
RMB Currency Risk
Renminbi ("RMB") is subject to exchange rate risk. Fluctuation in the exchange rate of RMB may result in losses in the event that the customer subsequently converts RMB into another currency (including Hong Kong Dollars). Exchange controls imposed by the relevant authorities may also adversely affect the applicable exchange rate. RMB is currently not freely convertible and conversion of RMB may be subject to certain policy, regulatory requirements and/or restrictions (which are subject to changes from time to time without notice). The actual conversion arrangement will depend on the policy, regulatory requirements and/or restrictions prevailing at the relevant time.