Terms and Conditions for Auto Payroll Service Welcome Reward Promotion during September - December 2020 ("the Promotion")
- The promotion period is from 1 September 2020 to 31 December 2020, both dates inclusive ("Promotion Period").
- The Promotion is not applicable to existing Hang Seng payroll customers; but only applicable to customers who have no payroll record under any account of Hang Seng Bank Limited ("the Bank") within the 6 months prior to the promotion registration (not including the registration month), and fulfil all of the following requirements ("Eligible Customer(s)") during the Promotion Period mentioned herewith below:
- Successfully register for the Promotion online (), through the promotion registration hotline at 2998 6018 or at any of our branches ("Designated Registration Channels"); AND
- Successfully receive salary in each consecutive month with a sole-named or joint-named Integrated Account of Prestige Signature, Integrated Account of Prestige Banking, Integrated Account of Preferred Banking, Integrated Account of Green Banking or Integrated Account ("Payroll Account(s)") according to the promotion registration month ("Registration Month") listed below and its respective designated payroll period ("Payroll Period") with monthly payroll amount of HKD10,000 or above.
Registration Month Payroll Period September 2020 October 2020 - December 2020 October 2020 November 2020 - January 2021 November 2020 December 2020 - February 2021 December 2020 January 2021 - March 2021
- The payroll amount of each Eligible Customer must be salary directly credited to his / her Payroll Account from the employer's company account via Autopay (only deposits from the employer's company account are eligible).
- The Eligible Customer will be entitled to the respective Cash Reward based on his/her Average Monthly Payroll Amount as stipulated in the table below:
Average Monthly Payroll Amount Cash Reward Entitlement HKD80,000 or above HKD800 HKD50,000 - below HKD80,000 HKD600 HKD30,000 - below HKD50,000 HKD400 HKD10,000 - below HKD30,000 HKD200
- The average monthly payroll amount of the Eligible Customer will be calculated by the Bank based on the monthly accumulated payroll records of HKD10,000 or above within the Payroll Period. The average monthly payroll amount refers to the aggregate payroll amounts of the Eligible Customer in each consecutive month within the Payroll Period divided by the number of months with payroll records in the Bank ("Average Monthly Payroll Amount"). For details on the calculation of the Average Monthly Payroll Amount, please refer to the examples below:
Example 1: Eligible Customer
A customer registers for the Promotion in September 2020, and obtains payroll records in each consecutive month within the Payroll Period with monthly accumulated payroll amount of HKD10,000 or above starting from October 2020:
Payroll Record Month Accumulated Payroll Amount of that Month October 2020 HKD80,000 November 2020 HKD100,000 December 2020 HKD90,000 Average Monthly Payroll Amount
= (HKD80,000 + HKD100,000 + HKD90,000) ÷ 3 = HKD90,000Example 2: Ineligible Customer
A customer registers for the Promotion in September 2020, but fails to obtain a payroll record in one of the months within the Payroll Period starting from October 2020:
Payroll Record Month Accumulated Payroll Amount of that Month October 2020 HKD0 November 2020 HKD100,000 December 2020 HKD90,000 Failure to fulfil the requirements for the Average Monthly Payroll AmountExample 3: Ineligible Customer
A customer registers for the Promotion in September 2020, but fails to reach HKD10,000 or above for the accumulated payroll amount in one of the months within the Payroll Period starting from October 2020:
Payroll Record Month Accumulated Payroll Amount of that Month October 2020 HKD80,000 November 2020 HKD100,000 December 2020 HKD5,000 Failure to fulfil the requirements for the Average Monthly Payroll Amount
- The Cash Reward will be credited to the Eligible Customer’s Payroll Account on or before 31 May 2021. The Payroll Account must be valid at the time the corresponding Cash Reward is credited or he/she will forfeit his/her right to receive the Cash Reward.
- The Eligible Customer is entitled to the Cash Reward once only with the amount capped at HKD800.
- The payroll amount and the number of payroll transactions are subject to the Bank's records. In case of any dispute, the decision of the Bank shall be final.
- Unless otherwise specified, the Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with other Payroll Service Offers provided by the Bank and are not transferable.
- The Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with the Payroll Service Offers of Hang Seng Corporate Employee Privilege Programme.
- Only the first registration will be considered if the Eligible Customer registers more than once. In case the customer’s registered identity document number and account number does not match with the Bank's records, the customer will not be eligible for any of the rewards under the Promotion. If the registered account is a joint-named account, the rewards will only be applicable to the principal account holder. All registration records cannot be changed and the Bank’s record shall prevail.
- Unless otherwise specified, the Promotion is not applicable to corporate accounts customers, Private Banking customers and the Bank's staff.
- Unless otherwise specified, the Promotion is applicable to Eligible Customer who has payroll transactions in Hong Kong Dollars only.
- The Bank reserves the right to suspend, vary and terminate all the rewards and amend the relevant Terms and Conditions of the rewards from time to time. The decision of the Bank on all matters relating to the rewards shall be final and binding on all parties concerned.
- No person other than the Eligible Customer and the Bank (which includes its successors and assigns) will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any of the provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to prevailing regulatory requirements.
- In case of any discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.