Terms and Conditions for New Fund Time Deposit Offer:
- Promotion period of this Offer is from , both dates inclusive ("Promotion Period").
During the promotion period, customers can place a time
deposit with designated tenor and designated amount of
Eligible New Fund Balance via Online Banking (including Hang
Seng Personal e-Banking and Hang Seng Mobile App), Phone
Banking or any branch of Hang Seng Bank Limited ("the Bank")
and enjoy the preferential interest rate below according to
the time deposit account type.
The above interest rates, quoted with reference to interest rates offered by the Bank on , are for reference only.
- For Hang Seng Personal e-Banking and Hang Seng Mobile App, the transaction time is 8am to 7:55pm, Mondays to Fridays, and 8am to 4:55pm, Saturdays (only applicable to HKD). If the Time Deposit is placed outside the transaction time, or on any Sunday, Hong Kong public holiday and holidays of the country or region where the currency is issued, the customer will not be able to enjoy the above new fund preferential rate offer. If you would like to enjoy the New Fund Time Deposit Offer, please place the related Time Deposit during the transaction time.
- "Eligible New Fund Balance" refers to the incremental balance when comparing the latest deposit balance with the balance of the same currency as of 15 calendar days ago, after deduction of the sum of principal amount which has been entitled to new fund offer of Time Deposit within the last 15 calendar days. The balance of all accounts, including Savings Accounts, Current Accounts and Time Deposits of Hong Kong Dollar and foreign currencies (whether accounts in sole name or joint name), will be counted towards the calculation of "Eligible New Fund Balance". The Bank reserves the right of final decision should there be any dispute in the definition of "Eligible New Fund Balance".
- Deposits in different currencies and tenors will have different preferential time deposit interest rates. The relevant interest rates will be subject to the rates quoted by the Bank from time to time.
- Each customer can enjoy this Offer more than once during the Promotion Period.
- Unless otherwise specified, the Offer is not applicable to corporate accounts customers.
- The Offer is not applicable to the pending or renewal of time deposit and cannot be used in conjunction with other interest rate offer(s) for the same currency.
- Interest rates and exchange rates are subject to review according to changes in market conditions from time to time. The Bank reserves the right to change the above interest rate offer at any time. Before making the relevant transaction, please check with our branch staff for the effective rate applicable to the transaction.
- No person other than the customer and the Bank (which includes its successors and assigns) will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any of the provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to prevailing regulatory requirements.
- The Bank reserves the right to suspend, vary or terminate this promotion and this Offer at any time and to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice.
- The decision of the Bank on all matters relating to this promotion and the Offer shall be final and binding on all the parties concerned. This promotion and the Offer are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the relevant products or services. If there is any inconsistency between the Terms and Conditions of the relevant products or services and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- In case of any discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.