General Terms and Conditions:
- Unless otherwise specified, this promotion is not applicable to corporate account customers and Private Banking customers.
- No person other than the customer and Hang Seng Bank Limited (“the Bank”) (which includes its successors and assigns) will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to prevailing regulatory requirements.
- The Bank reserves the right to suspend, vary or terminate this promotion and the relevant offers at any time and to amend the relevant Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice.
- In case of any disputes, the decision of the Bank on all matters relating to this promotion and the relevant offers shall be final and binding on all the parties concerned. This promotion and the relevant offers are subject to the Terms and Conditions for the relevant products or services. If there is any inconsistency between the Terms and Conditions for the relevant products or services and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- In case of any discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
Terms and Conditions for “Foreign Currency Time Deposit Interest Rate of up to 13.9% p.a.” Promotion:
- The promotion period of this offer is from 2 October 2023 to 31 December 2023, (both dates inclusive) (“Promotion Period”).
Designated transaction channels and transaction time of this
offer are as follows:
Designated Transaction Channel Transaction Time (“Designated Transaction Time”)
- Hang Seng Personal
- Hang Seng Mobile App
- Monday to Fridays: 08:00am to 07:55pm
Phone banking hotlines
- Monday to Fridays: 09:00am to 07:00pm
- Saturdays: 09:00am to 12:55pm
Branches In light of the latest COVID-19 situation, service hours may change depending on the situation.
For details, please refer to Hang Seng Bank Branch Service Arrangements.
- Hang Seng Personal
This offer which is set out in the table below is only
applicable to customers who fulfill the below requirements
- Perform real-time exchange of AUD, CAD, CNY, EUR, GBP, HKD, NZD, JPY or USD (“Designated Currency(ies)”) with no less than HKD10,000 or its equivalent and capped at USD2,000,000 or its equivalent (“Designated Currency Exchange Amount”) per single FX transaction through any sole or joint personal integrated accounts (including Prestige Private, Prestige Banking, Preferred Banking and Integrated Account) (“Eligible Account”) held with the Bank via any of the Designated Transaction Channels of the Bank (Hang Seng Personal e-Banking, Hang Seng Mobile App, phone banking hotlines or branches) (“Designated Transaction Channel(s)”) within Designated Transaction Time during Promotion Period; and
Set up either a 1-week or 1-month time deposit in the same
Designated Currency through Eligible Account via the same
transaction channel at the same time. The time
deposit must be in an amount of at least HKD10,000 or its
equivalent, and no more than the actual amount of the
designated currency that has been converted.
Time Deposit Interest Rate (p.a.) (1) Account Prestige Private / Prestige Banking Preferred Banking / Integrated Account Tenor 1-week 1-month 1-week 1-month CAD 13.90% 5.30% 13.00% 4.90% CNY 13.90% 4.30% 13.00% 3.90% GBP 13.90% 4.30% 13.00% 3.90% AUD 13.90% 4.30% 13.00% 3.90% NZD 13.90% 4.30% 13.00% 3.90% USD 10.90% 5.30% 10.00% 4.90% HKD 10.90% - 10.00% - JPY 6.90% - 6.00% - EUR 6.90% - 6.00% -
The above interest rate offers are quoted with reference to
the interest rates offered by the Bank on 2 October 2023 and
are for reference only. The relevant interest rates will be
subject to revision based on the prevailing market
- For any cross currency exchange, the relevant amount will be converted into the Hong Kong Dollar equivalent with the exchange rate solely determined by the Bank on the transaction day, so as to calculate the relevant transaction amount in the Hong Kong Dollar equivalent.
- For transaction via Hang Seng Personal e-Banking or Hang Seng Mobile App, customer must perform exchange of an Designated Currency via “Foreign Exchange” > “Foreign Exchange Service”; and after the transaction completed, customer must immediately click “Set up time deposit” instruction on the top of the Acknowledgement Page to set up either a 1-week or 1-month time deposit to enjoy this offer.
- This offer is not applicable to the pending and the renewal of time deposit and is not applicable to transaction(s) via FX Order Watch Service, Virtual Assistant HARO services and Passbook Savings Account.
- Any exchange which is not performed with an Designated Currency through an Eligible Account, any transaction which does not meet the Designated Currency Exchange Amount requirement, or any 1-week or 1-month time deposit that is not set up immediately after the currency exchange will not be eligible for this offer. In case of disputes, the decision of the Bank on the customer’s eligibility to enjoy this offer shall be final.
- Eligible Customer can enjoy this offer more than once during the Promotion Period.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with other interest rate or exchange rate offers for the same currency.
- Interest rates and exchange rates are subject to review according to changes in market conditions from time to time. The Bank reserves the right to change the interest rate of this offer at any time without prior notice.
RMB Currency Risk
Renminbi ("RMB") is subject to exchange rate risk. Fluctuation in the exchange rate of RMB may result in losses in the event that the customer subsequently converts RMB into another currency (including Hong Kong Dollars). Exchange controls imposed by the relevant authorities may also adversely affect the applicable exchange rate. RMB is currently not freely convertible and conversion of RMB may be subject to certain policy, regulatory requirements and/or restrictions (which are subject to changes from time to time without notice). The actual conversion arrangement will depend on the policy, regulatory requirements and/or restrictions prevailing at the relevant time.
Foreign Currency Risk
Foreign Exchange involves Exchange Rate Risk. Fluctuations in the exchange rate of a foreign currency may result in gains or losses in the event that the customer converts HKD to foreign currency or vice versa, and/or in the event that the customer converts a foreign currency time deposit to HKD upon maturity.