Important Risk Warnings
Investors should note that investment involves risks. The prices of securities fluctuate, sometimes dramatically. The price of a security may move up or down, and may become valueless. It is as likely that losses will be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling securities.
Investors should note that investing in different Renminbi-denominated securities and products involves different risks (including but are not limited to currency risk, exchange rate risk, credit risk of issuer / counterparty, interest rate risk, liquidity risk (where appropriate)). The key risks of investing in A-shares of Stock Connect Northbound Trading include:
- Transactions under the Northbound or Southbound Trading of Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect / Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect will not be covered by the Investor Compensation Fund in Hong Kong.
- Once the respective quota is used up, trading will be affected or will be suspended.
- Stock Connect Northbound Trading will only operate on days when both markets are open for trading and when banks in both markets are open on the corresponding settlement days. Investors should take note of the days the Stock Connect Northbound Trading is open for business and decide according to their own risk tolerance whether or not to take on the risk of price fluctuations in securities during the time when Stock Connect Northbound Trading is not trading.
- When some stocks are recalled from the scope of eligible stocks for trading via Stock Connect Northbound Trading, the stocks can only be sold but NOT bought.
- Investors will be exposed to currency risk if conversion of the local currency into RMB is required.
Foreign securities carry additional risks not generally associated with securities in the domestic market. The value or income (if any) of foreign securities may be more volatile and could be adversely affected by changes in many factors. Client assets received or held by the licensed or registered person outside Hong Kong are subject to the applicable laws and regulations of the relevant overseas jurisdiction which may be different from the Securities and Futures Ordinance (Cap.571) and the rules made thereunder. Consequently, such client assets may not enjoy the same protection as that conferred on client assets received or held in Hong Kong.
Investors should not only base on this material alone to make any investment decision, but should read in detail in the relevant risk disclosure statements.
You can now trade US stocks and enjoy the full suite of services through Hang Seng Invest Express mobile app (“Invest Express”). With the app, you can grasp the investment opportunities in HK stocks, A-shares and US stocks!
From 6 September to 31 December 2021, securities customers can enjoy up to 20 trades at $0 brokerage per month for 6 consecutive months and other fabulous offers:
- Brokerage fee waiver for the first 10 trades per month for HK stocks or Stock Connect Securities2 transactions conducted through Invest Express3 in the first 6 months after account opening. Signature and Prestige Banking customers can enjoy extra 1-month fee waiver
- Deposit HK stocks4 into your new securities account to receive a HKD400 cash reward for every accumulated market value of HKD300,000. A maximum of HKD3,600 cash reward can be earned
- Brokerage fee waiver for the first 10 trades per month for US stocks transactions conducted through Invest Express in the first 6 months after Service Activation Date. Signature and Prestige Banking customers can enjoy extra 1-month fee waiver
- HKD50 cash reward for one successful US stock transaction via Invest Express