By accessing this website and any of its pages you are agreeing to the terms set out below and by continuing to use this website following the posting of any changes to these terms will signify your consent to the changes made.
The website is primarily intended for those who access it from within Hong Kong. Products and services referred to in this website are offered only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by the Hang Seng Bank Group ("the Bank").The material on these pages are not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions which restrict the distribution of this material by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about and observe any relevant restrictions.
These pages are not and should not be regarded as an offer, solicitation or recommendation to any person in a jurisdiction to buy or sell investments products to or take deposits from that person if it is unlawful to make such an invitation, offer, solicitation or recommendation in such jurisdictions.
The information contained in these pages is not and is not intended to provide professional investment or other advice. Persons accessing these pages should obtain appropriate professional advice where necessary.
Any information, products or services supplied in this website may be withdrawn or amended at any time without advance notice at the discretion of the Bank. The eligibility of clients for particular information, products or services is subject to the final and absolute discretion of the Bank.
It is your sole responsibility to prevent, safeguard and ensure that no computer virus enters your system and this website.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Hong Kong law. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts but these terms may be enforced in the courts of any competent jurisdiction.
Please read the following carefully BEFORE you retrieve, print or complete any of our application forms:
For the avoidance of doubt, in case of any inconsistency, contradiction or difference of whatever kind between our application forms shown or appeared on screen (the "Visual Form") and such application form in printed format (the "Printed Form"), the Visual Form shall prevail.
Upon completing and signing the Printed Form, you shall be deemed to have read and understood the contents of the Visual Form and have agreed to all the provisions contained therein and to have agreed and undertaken not to raise any objection whatsoever in connection with any inconsistency, contradiction or difference of whatever kind between the Visual Form and the Printed Form.
The Bank maintains strict security standards and procedures to prevent unauthorised access to information about you. The Bank will never contact you by email or otherwise and ask you to validate personal information such as user ID, account number or password information. If you receive such a request, you should contact the Bank at 2822 0228. Please communicate with the Bank through our official website domain address (www.hangseng.com) and not through hyperlinks embedded in e-mails.
Messages sent over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. The Bank will not be responsible for any damages incurred by users as a result of any delay, loss, diversion, alteration or corruption of any message either sent to or received from the Bank at the users' request, over the Internet. The Bank is not responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of this website.
Communication over the Internet may be subject to interruption, transmission blackout, delayed transmission due to Internet traffic or incorrect data transmission due to the public nature of the Internet or otherwise.
Use of hyperlinks to other internet sites or resources are at users' own risk. The contents, accuracy, opinion expressed, and other links provided at these sites are not investigated, verified, monitored, or endorsed by the Bank. The Bank expressly disclaim any responsibility for the accuracy, contents, availability or omission of information found on sites that link to or from this site. Users are solely responsible for making all enquiries and investigation before proceeding with any online or offline access or transaction with any of these third parties. The Bank emphasize that all activities conducted by users via or at this website are at their own risk. The Bank does not warrant the security of any information users may forward or be requested to provide to any third parties. Users are deemed to have irrevocably waived any claims against the Bank for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any access to or interaction with any other websites via this site.
The Bank may include hyperlinks to other Hang Seng Bank Group websites for your convenience. The products and services offered on these websites may be limited to persons located or residing in only that particular jurisdiction. In addition, the content on these linked websites may not be intended for persons located or residing in jurisdictions that restrict the distribution of such content. The terms and conditions governing the use of the website of each Hang Seng Bank Group entity may differ and you should consult and carefully read the applicable terms and conditions before using the website.
While every care has been taken in preparing the information and materials contained in this site, such information and materials are provided to you "as is" without warranty or representation of any kind, express or implied. In particular, no warranty or representation regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose or freedom from computer virus, Trojan horses, worms, software bombs or similar items is given in conjunction with such information and materials.
The Bank and other parties own the trade marks, logos and service marks displayed on this site and users are prohibited from using them without written permission of the Bank or such other parties.
All contents on this website including but not limited to the text, graphics, links and sounds are protected by copyright and no part of such materials may be modified, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted (in any form or by any means), copied, distributed, reused, reposted, reverse engineered, decompiled, used for creating derivative works or used in any other way for commercial or public purposes without the Bank's prior written consent.
- Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
- Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Hang Seng Bank Limited ("we", "us" "our") builds its business on trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all personal data you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
We may gather the following information through the use of "cookies". Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on your web browser in your computer, mobile phone or other device for accessing the Internet ("device") that can be retrieved by this Site/mobile application. Cookies will:
- record your visit to this Site/mobile application for analysing the number of visitors to this Site/mobile application, users’ general usage patterns.
- record your personal usage patterns, profile, preferences and interests through your use of this Site/mobile application and for improving your experience.
- allow us to recognise your device and will store information about your personalised settings (such as language preference, useful links settings) and your use of this Site/mobile application (such as visit and logon sessions, as well as your behavior, pattern and footprints regarding the use of this Site/application), thus enabling us to provide more useful features to you, to tailor the content of our websites and mobile applications to suit your interests.
We will be able to access the information stored on the cookies. These data obtained through cookies may be further comingled and matched with your personal data collected and used or to be collected and used by the Bank in accordance with the Notice, including but not limited to your demographic data, transaction details and transaction pattern and behaviour. Where permitted by your marketing preferences, we may use these data and your personal data to provide you with promotional materials or direct marketing.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can, during your visit at this Site/ mobile application, set your browser to disable cookies or to inform you when they are set – please see our cookies policy
for more details of how to do this. By disabling cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of this Site/ mobile application, for example, you will not be able to logon and use Hang Seng e-Banking services.
If you accept cookies during your use of this Site/ mobile application or continue to use this Site/mobile application, you will be acknowledging that your information and personal data (if any) is being collected, stored, accessed and used as outlined above.
If you are an user of this mobile application, please note that we store and access software on your device to aid security, maintain the connection to our system, allow us to monitor how this app is being used, and save your preferences. The purpose of these cookies is set out below:
||Identify the version of the app
||Identify the device type of app including the version of device and the model of device
||Identify the device unique user ID
We may also work with third parties to research certain usage and activities on this Site/mobile application for us. These third party research agencies include Sizemek, Bing, Google Campaign Manager (DoubleClick Campaign Manager) / Google Ads (AdWords)/ Google Display & Video 360 (DoubleClick Bid Manager), Google Webmaster, Yahoo!, Facebook, WeChat, Yahoo, theTradeDesk, Nielsen//NetRatings, Webtrends, Celebrus and Adobe. They use technologies such as tracking tags, cookies, spotlight monitoring and web beacons to collect information for this research. They use the information collected through such technologies (i) to find out more about users of this Site/mobile application, including the number of the visitors, user demographics, preferences, interests, behaviour and usage patterns, (ii) for internal reporting and (iii) to improve the effectiveness of our marketing.
They collect information and then share it with us but these information may possibly be comingled and matched with your personal data collected or to be collected by us in accordance with the Notice to enable your identity to be directly or indirectly ascertained. As part of the information that we share with them, we may share your advertising identifier and "installation event" (which means the data in relation to when you first install or use this Site/mobile application). Personally identifiable information about you may be collected or shared by Sizmek, Bing, Google Campaign Manager (DoubleClick Campaign Manager) / Google Ads (AdWords)/ Google Display & Video 360 (DoubleClick Bid Manager) / Google Webmaster, Facebook, WeChat, WebTrends, Yahoo, theTradeDesk, Celebrus and Adobe with us as a result of this research. Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with such technologies, you may change the setting on your browser. Please see our cookies policy
for more details of how to do this. However, in disabling cookies you may not be able to enter certain parts of this Site/ mobile application, for example you will not be able to logon and use Hang Seng e-Banking services.
- Sizmek’s website at http://www.sizmek.com/about-us/privacy;
- Bing’s website at https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement:
- Google Campaign Manager (DoubleClick Campaign Manager) / Google Ads (AdWords)/ Google Display & Video 360 (DoubleClick Bid Manager)/Google Adwords/Google Webmaster’s website at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/;
- Facebook’s web sites at https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/convtrack/tos;
- WeChat website at https://www.wechat.com/en/cookies_policy.html;
- WebTrends' website at http://ondemand.webtrends.com/privacypolicy.asp#PSFV
- Yahoo’s website at https://policies.yahoo.com/hk/zh-hant/yahoo/privacy/index.htm
- theTradeDesk’s website at http://www.thetradedesk.com/general/privacy-policy;
- Celebrus website at https://www.d4t4solutions.com/company-information/privacy-statement/; and
- Adobe’s website at http://www.adobe.com/privacy.
- Occasionally we may collect personal data from you when you visit this Site/mobile application or when you participate in a contest or promotion (whether online, over the telephone or at one of our branches), the collection and use of your personal data is governed by the Notice. We only collect personal data from you if you voluntarily provide it to us. We may use your personal data to inform you of products, services and other marketing materials which we think may be of interest to you. We or our external research agencies on our behalf may also invite you to participate in market research and surveys and other similar activities. Please refer to Clause 7 of the Notice for details of our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- You can choose to receive marketing and other promotional materials by email and you may opt out from receiving these materials at any time, by informing us via our branches, customer services hotline, e-Banking online forms or by mail.
- If at any time you would like us to stop sending you direct mailings, please contact our representatives by calling:
- (852) 2998 9188 for Prestige Banking customers
- (852) 2822 8228 for Preferred Banking customers
- (852) 2822 0228 for other customers
We will then, at no cost to you, act on your request within 30 days and ensure not to include you in future direct marketing promotions.
Request for access to personal data or correction of personal data or for information regarding policies and practices on personal data and kinds of personal data held should be addressed to:
Data Protection Officer
Hang Seng Bank Limited
83 Des Voeux Road Central
Hong Kong SAR
Fax : (852) 2868 4042