To safeguard your interests, please consider adopting the below measures to promote the security level of your ATM card PIN:
- When receiving the printed notification containing your card PIN, memorise the PIN immediately, change the PIN on our ATM / HSBC ATM, and then securely erase the notification
- Take appropriate steps to keep your card PIN secret to guard against fraud. Do not divulge your card PIN to or allow using the PIN by anyone (including Hang Seng staff)
- Do not write your card PIN down (especially on any of your ATM cards, other banking cards, or on any mobile devices / items stored with the card information)
- Do not use your personal information easily guessed or obtained by others as ATM card PIN (e.g. identity card number, phone number or birthday)
- Setting a separate PIN for ATM card which is not used for other banking services
- Change ATM card PIN regularly through ATM
If your ATM card / ATM card PIN is lost or stolen, please immediately call our 24-hour Lost Card Hotline at (852) 2836 0838. To ensure that card loss protection takes effect as soon as possible, please do not report loss or theft by fax.