- I, as Policy Applicant and payment account holder, confirm that I am not acting on behalf of any other person, and that I authorize Hang Seng Bank Limited ("HASE") to debit from the specified account for initial and subsequent premiums and applicable levy due as shall be instructed by Hang Seng Insurance Company Limited ("HSIC") from time to time.
- I am in Hong Kong at the time of making this online application.
- I understand that my personal information supplied in this application will be used in accordance with Personal Information Collection Statement and that any request to change my personal information in HSIC's records must be made through branches of HASE or as specified under Clause 5 of the said Statement.
- All statements and information I have provided in this application are complete and true and I will immediately inform HSIC and correct them if they have become incomplete, untrue or inaccurate subsequently before any policy is issued.
- All personal information that I have most recently provided to HASE such as ID documents, nationality, mobile number and payment account correspondence address is accurate and up to date and I consent to HASE providing my personal information to HSIC or any member of the HSBC Group ("HSBC Group" means HSBC Holdings plc, its affiliates, subsidiaries, associated entities and any of their branches and offices (together or individually) and "member of the HSBC Group" has the same meaning) and any agents, contractors, sub-contractors, service providers for the purpose of evaluating and processing this application. I understand that updated personal information such as ID documentation may be requested by HSIC if necessary, and the policy may not be issued if any such requested information or documents are not provided within a specified time.
- I understand that submission of this application does not guarantee its approval, and that a policy will only be approved after (i) the satisfaction of HSIC's prevailing eligibility requirements and principles of underwriting rules and (ii) the first premium payment has been processed. If the application is approved, the policy will be made effective from the date a valid application was submitted.
- Cooling-off Rights: I understand that if I am not satisfied with the policy, I have a right to cancel it and obtain a refund of any premium(s) and levy paid by giving written notice. A signed written notice and the policy must be received directly by the office of HSIC within the Cooling-off Period (that is, 21 days after the delivery of the policy or issue of a Notice informing the availability of the policy to me or my representative, whichever is earlier).
- Free additional Novel Coronavirus Benefit:
• I understand that the Free Additional Novel Coronavirus Benefit will be effective after the Cooling-off Period. The coverage period is between the expiry date of the Cooling-off Period and 30 June 2020 (both dates inclusive). The date of diagnosis shall be within the coverage period.
• I understand that the Free Additional Novel Coronavirus Benefit will be terminated once it is claimed and paid. If the Life Insured is covered by more than one eligible policy issued by us, the Free Additional Novel Coronavirus Benefit will only be paid once per Life Insured.
• I understand that no Free Additional Novel Coronavirus Benefit will be paid if the Life Insured has any Novel Coronavirus signs or symptoms first occurred or diagnosed prior to the issue date or the effective date of the last reinstatement of the covered Policy, whichever is later.
• I read and understand the statements in the Policy Endorsement.
- I understand that the Insurance Authority ("IA") will impose a prescribed levy on this insurance policy pursuant to section 134 of the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41). Such levy payment should be made together with the premium payment to HSIC for direct remittance to the IA within the remittance period as specified by the IA. Subject to the applicable levy cap, the amount of levy payable for each premium payment is the amount of premium multiplied by the applicable levy rate as prescribed by IA. All subsequent premiums to be paid will also be subject to the applicable levy rate and cap. I/ We understand that it is the statutory duty of the policyholder to pay the prescribed levy to IA through HSIC. IA may impose on the policyholder concerned a pecuniary penalty not exceeding HKD 5,000 for non-payment of levy.
I have read and understood the Cooling-off Rights, Premium Illustration (with premium adjustment every 10 years), the Policy Provision , Terms and conditions of Free Additional Novel Coronavirus Benefit, Policy Endorsement of Free Additional Novel Coronavirus Benefit, the Hang Seng Bank Limited and its subsidiaries Privacy Principles and the Personal Information Collection Statement of HSIC and agree to be bound by the same.
Customers accept the terms and conditions for the Novel Coronavirus Benefit by clicking the box in the Declaration section: