- (1) Instant approval and disbursement is only applicable to Hang Seng Personal e-Banking customers applying Top-up Loan via Hang Seng Personal e-Banking. The approval of the loan is subject to circumstances of individual cases and Hang Seng Bank Limited (“Hang Seng”) final decision.
- (2) The promotion period commences on 1 October 2021 and expires on 31 December 2021, both dates inclusive (the “Promotion Period”). The offers are available to customers who successfully apply for and draw down Top-up Loan within the Promotion Period.
- (3) Customers are eligible to apply for a Top-up Loan on the repaid principal amount if a minimum of one instalment is made, the repaid principal amount is over HKD3,000 and a punctual repayment record is maintained. The disbursement of the new loan will deduct the outstanding amount of the existing loan account, next-month interest* / handling fee** of the existing loan account (if applicable) and redraw handling charge (the redraw handling charge will be calculated at 1% p.a. on the approved Top-up Loan amount). The final approved loan amount is subject to the circumstances of individual cases. The decision of Hang Seng shall be final.
- (4) For a monthly flat interest rate of 0.16%, the annualised percentage rates calculated over a 36-month and 48-month loan tenor are 5.85% and 5.90% respectively; For a monthly flat interest rate of 0.22%, the annualised percentage rates calculated over a 36-month and 48-month loan tenor are 7.29% and 7.34% respectively; For a monthly flat interest rate of 0.26%, the annualised percentage rates calculated over a 36-month and 48-month loan tenor are 8.26% and 8.29% respectively. The above Annualised Percentage Rates (“APRs”) are calculated using Net Present Value Method in accordance with the Code of Banking Practices and inclusive of a redraw handling charge calculated at 1% p.a. of the approved Top-up loan amount. The APRs are reference rate which include the basic interest rate and other fees and charges of a product expressed as an annualised rate (if applicable). The above monthly flat interest rates are for reference only, and will be subject to the loan amount. If your application cannot meet our loan approval requirements, your application will still be processed but interest rate offered may be adjusted. For details, please contact our bank staff. Customer will be notified of the relevant adjusted interest rate upon loan approval. If customer agrees to accept such loan, Hang Seng will credit the loan amount to the designated Hang Seng account according to normal procedures. The monthly repayment amount is rounded up to 1 decimal point and will be debited from the repayment account on the due date every month. The proportion of loan principal to interest in each monthly instalment amount is calculated according to the Rule of 78.
- (5) During the Promotion Period, customers who have successfully applied for Top-up Loan via hangseng.com/loan, Hang Seng Personal e-Banking or Hang Seng Personal Banking Mobile App and redraw with designated approved top-up loan amount will be entitled to up to HKD200 Cash Rebate. The applicable Cash Rebate for the corresponding approved top-up loan amount is shown as below.
The Cash Rebate will be credited to the eligible customer’s loan repayment account on or before 31 March 2022 without prior notice. To be eligible for the Cash Rebate, customers must have no record of default or early settlement of their instalment loans. If customers settle or terminate their instalment loans ahead of schedule after the crediting of the rebate, he/ she shall return the rebate in full to Hang Seng upon settlement of the loan. Each eligible customer can only enjoy the offer once during Promotion Period.
|Approved Top-up Loan Amount
|HKD20,000 - HKD99,999
|HKD100,000 or above
- (6) If existing Hang Seng “Self-fulfilment” Interest-free Loan / Hang Seng “Self-Fulfilment” Interest-free Instalment Plan customers apply for Top-up Loan, Hang Seng will close the existing loan account of customers and open a new Handy Cash Personal Instalment Loan account. If customers have any questions, please contact our bank staff.
- (7) Hang Seng reserves the right to request additional income proof from individual applicants on a case-by-case basis.
- (8) No person other than the customer and Hang Seng (which includes its successors and assigns) will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any of the provisions of these terms and conditions.
- (9) These terms and conditions are subject to prevailing regulatory requirements.
- (10) These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- (11) Hang Seng reserves the right to suspend, revise or terminate this promotion offer and amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice to customers.
- (12) In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall apply and prevail.
* Applicable to Hang Seng Handy Cash Personal Instalment Loan
** Applicable to Hang Seng “Self-fulfilment” Interest-free Loan and Hang Seng “Self-fulfilment” Interest-free Instalment Plan
- Application for the Top-up Loan is subject to Hang Seng's approval at its sole discretion. Hang Seng also has full discretion in determining the approved loan amount, repayment period, interest rate, redraw handling charge and other payment in relation to the Top-up Loan without providing reason therefor. The redraw handling charge will be 1% p.a. on the approved Top-up loan amount and will be deducted from such amount. The salary scheme of our representatives (included basic salary and incentive) is based on their performance of various aspects and not only the sales target achieved.
- Customer is advised to pay attention on whether interest expenses would be saved by making early repayment of personal instalment loan. For enquiring the relevant fees and charges of loan account, please call our Personal Loan Service Hotline 2997 3882.
- For the frequently asked questions relating to Personal Instalment Loan (e.g. Important notes of early repayment; the basis of apportionment of principal and interest in the monthly repayment, etc), please refer to our Bank’s website (Personal Banking>Loans>Personal Instalment Loan>FAQ).
- Applicant must be in full time employment.