- (1) e-Mortgage 24-hour initial approval service is only applicable to customers who make an appointment with mortgage consultants online. Our mortgage consultant will contact you within 24 hours (only on business days, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) upon receipt of all required application documents (including but not limit to identification document, income proof and the preliminary or formal sale & purchase agreement (if applicable)) and provide an initial reply, for your reference only, on the approval result according to the information provided. The final approval of the mortgage application is subject to the final decision of Hang Seng Bank Limited (“Hang Seng”). Hang Seng has the absolute discretion to reject any application or approve a mortgage loan of a lesser amount than the one applied for without giving any reasons.
- (2) Terms and conditions for Mortgage cash rebate:
- Mortgage cash rebate is only applicable to customers with mortgage drawdown loan amount HKD1,000,000 or above which is approved by Hang Seng.
- The final mortgage cash rebate amount is subject to the customer’s financial situation, repayment ability and loan amount. All mortgage cash rebates will be credited to customer’s designated mortgage repayment account after loan drawdown. For details, please contact Hang Seng staff.
- (3) Terms and conditions relating to the offers of “33% Premium Discount for the first 18 months for Fire Protection Plan”:
- The promotion period is from 1 January 2023 to 31 March 2023 (both days inclusive) (“Promotion Period”).
- Eligible customers must drawdown the mortgage loan on or before 30 June 2023.
- This mortgage loan offer is only applicable to customers who have successfully applied for the property mortgage services via Hang Seng within the promotion period. Once this mortgage loan offer is accepted, customers have agreed and accepted arranging fire insurance for the relevant property mortgage arranged via Hang Seng, which is the Fire Protection Plan “Fire Protection Plan” underwritten by QBE General Insurance (Hong Kong) Limited (“QBE GIHK”).
- This offer is only applicable to mortgage properties which are not covered by master fire insurance policy. Hang Seng and QBE GI HK may reserve the rights to cancel this offer if the mortgage properties is found to be covered by master fire insurance policy.
- This offer is not applicable to further charge, carpark, commercial and industrial building.
- This offer is on an 18-month basis. During this 18-month period, the premium of Fire Protection Plan for the first 6 months will be automatically waived.
- During the premium of Fire Protection Plan for the first 6 months, the sum insured for the mortgage properties will be based on the cost of reinstating the property.
- Before the end of the first 6 months premium waiver, QBE GIHK will inform customers by mail regarding the auto-renewal arrangement of Fire Protection Plan for the subsequent months (the 7th to 18th month).
- Customers should submit another valid fire insurance policy which is accepted by Hang Seng upon submission of cancellation request if they choose to cancel the Fire Protection Plan during the first 6 months.
- Unless prior written notice of cancellation/termination by customers has been received and acknowledged by QBE GIHK, the Fire Protection Plan will be automatically renewed on an annual basis in accordance with the relevant terms of the policy upon expiry date. If QBE GIHK does not receive premium from customers or customers do not provide a fire insurance policy from any one authorized insurer in Hong Kong or the master fire insurance policy of the property upon expiry date, Hang Seng will act on behalf of customers to renew the insurance policy and debit the premium from the customer loan repayment account until the policy is cancelled/terminated.
- Upon policy renewal, customers may choose the sum insured for their mortgage properties based on the original loan value, the current loan value (if the loan is a mortgage instalment loan) or the cost of reinstating the property or if customers need to select other sum insured amount, they may contact Hang Seng to discuss, which the amount shall be mutually agreed by both parties. Also, customers may choose to take out a fire insurance policy from any one authorized insurer in Hong Kong or to adopt the master fire insurance policy of the property where this exists and is acceptable to Hang Seng.
- Employees of Hang Seng are not eligible for this offer.
- This offer cannot be exchanged for cash or used in conjunction with other promotional offers and is not transferrable. Hang Seng and QBE GIHK reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this offer or cancel this offer without prior notice to customers. In case of disputes, the decision of Hang Seng and QBE GIHK shall be final.
- Note: 33% premium discount in the first 18 months will be offered in way of premium waiver for the first 6 months in the first policy year.
The Fire Protection Plan (“the Plan(s)”) are underwritten by QBE GIHK which is authorised and regulated in Hong Kong by the Insurance Authority. Hang Seng is an insurance agent authorised by QBE GIHK for the distribution of the Plan(s). Premiums will be payable to QBE GIHK upon enrolment of the Plan(s). QBE GIHK would provide Hang Seng commission and performance bonus as remuneration for distribution of the Plan(s). The existing staff remuneration policy on sales offered by Hang Seng takes into account various aspects of the staff performance instead of focusing solely on the sales amount. In respect of an eligible dispute arising between the Hang Seng and the customer out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, Hang Seng is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with the customer; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the product should be resolved directly between QBE GIHK and the customer.
- (4) Upon successful drawdown of mortgage loan in Hang Seng (except Industrial / Commercial Property), customers can enjoy perpetual annual fee waiver for one Hang Seng Credit Card (except The Hong Kong Jockey Club Membership Card, Hang Seng Prestige World MasterCard, Hang Seng enJoy Card, Hang Seng CUP Credit Card and Hang Seng Renminbi Credit Card) during mortgage period. If customers hold more than one Hang Seng Credit Card, the perpetual annual fee waiver will be applicable to one of the credit cards with the highest annual fee (including Platinum Card, if applicable) only but will not be applicable to Hang Seng Visa Infinite Card, World MasterCard, Business Card, Commercial Card, USD Visa Gold Card and Private Label Card. All annual fees paid prior to accepting this offer will not be refunded.
- (5) Terms and conditions relating to the offer of Prestige Banking Integrated Account “First 5 years monthly fee waiver”:
Eligible Customer does not include:
- This offer is applicable to customers who have successfully submitted mortgage loan application within the promotion period from 1 January 2023 to 30 June 2023 (“Promotion Period”) and successfully drawdown the mortgage loan to a specified amount and satisfy the requirements set out in the below terms and conditions (“Eligible Customer”).
- Eligible Customer has to open a Prestige Banking Integrated Account; or upgrade the existing Integrated Account to Prestige Banking and designate such account as mortgage repayment account (sole or joint name account) to enjoy the first 5 years monthly fee waiver (i.e. no Total Relationship Balance requirement in the first 5 years. The current Total Relationship Balance requirement is HKD 1,000,000 for Prestige Banking Integrated Account). The monthly fee waiver period starts from the month of account opening/ account status upgrade.
- Current sole or joint name account holder(s) of Prestige Banking Integrated Account.
- Customers terminating Prestige Banking Integrated Account 12 months before the account opening or account status upgrade; or their Prestige Banking Integrated Account was terminated during any period.
| Mortgage Loan Amount
|| Integrated Account account status *
|| Promotional offer
| HKD4,000,000 or above
|| Prestige Banking
|| First 5 Years Monthly Fee Waiver
*The offer is only applicable to the account holder(s) of mortgage repayment account
Note: Starting from the sixth year, customers need to maintain a specified Total Relationship Balance to enjoy the monthly fee waiver of the Prestige Banking Integrated Account.
- The Total Relationship Balance is the monthly aggregate balance of the daily average of all deposits, gold accounts, securities, investment funds, utilized overdraft facilities, credit cards cash advances, outstanding balance of personal loans and accumulated premiums paid for the designated life insurance plans distributed by Hang Seng as an agent as well as Hang Seng MPF balance. For sole name integrated account holders, their other joint name account(s) will also be included.
- This offer is applicable to all types of property mortgage loan application, including new mortgage loan, transfer mortgage, re-mortgage and further charge. Each mortgage loan application is entitled to the monthly fee waiver offer once.
- (6) Applicants who fulfilled the following criteria are eligible for mortgage loans with maximum 90% loan-to-value ratio (“LTV”) (base on the lower of purchase price / valuation of the property): (i) all mortgagors not holding any residential properties in Hong Kong at the time of application; and (ii) all applicants being regular salaried persons; while the maximum LTV of this plan is generally 80%. The loan amount is subject to the final approval of Hang Seng.
General Terms and Conditions of the above offers:
- The mortgage loan terms and loan amount are subject to the guidelines from Hong Kong Monetary Authority and the final approval of Hang Seng.
- Each mortgage application can only enjoy the Offer once. Unless otherwise specified, the Offer cannot be used in conjunction with other mortgage offers provided by Hang Seng.
- No person other than the customer and Hang Seng (which includes its successors and assigns) will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any of the provisions of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are subject to prevailing regulatory requirements.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- Hang Seng reserves the right to suspend, revise or terminate the above offer and amend the above terms and conditions at any time. In case of any disputes, the decision of Hang Seng shall be final. For details of the offer, please contact our branch staff.
- In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.