- The maximum loan amount* of “Home-For-Home” Bridging Loan Plan (“Bridging Loan”) is (1) Up to 60%* of the value# of the existing property after deduction of the outstanding mortgage loan balance; or (2) the total down-payment of the new property (40%* of the value# of the property in general) minus the deposit (10% of the value# of the property at minimum), whichever is lower.
* The loan-to-value ratio and maximum loan amount is subject to the prevailing guidelines issued by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority
# The value of the property is the sale price or valuation, whichever is lower.
- The maximum loan tenor of the Bridging Loan (“Loan Tenor”) is up to 6-month or else expires on the completion day of sale of the existing property (whichever is earlier). Interest shall be repaid monthly during the Loan Tenor and the principal shall be repaid in full upon the expiry of the Loan Tenor by the customer.
- If the customer fails to sell the existing property during the Loan Tenor, Hang Seng Bank Limited (“Hang Seng”) shall have the right to adjust the loan-to-value ratio, loan amount, interest rate of the mortgage loan in respect of the new property and demand for repayment of the relevant loan in full (including but not limited to the mortgage loan in respect of the new property and the bridging loan) or any part thereof.
- The mortgage loan of the new property relevant to the Bridging loan must be provided by and utilised in Hang Seng. The mortgage of the new property shall be an All Moneys Mortgage.
- The Bridging Loan only applies to residential properties and mortgage application submitted by personal customers and is not applicable to Home Ownership Scheme, Tenants Purchase Scheme, Mortgage Insurance Programme, industrial and commercial properties, carpark mortgage and any mortgage scheme with any further/second charge.
- The application fee of Pre-Approval Service is HK$1,000. The application fee will be waived if the customers drawdown the mortgage loan under the terms as stipulated in the formal Letter of Offer.
- The validity period of the assessment result of the Pre-approval is 6-month from the date of issuing the conditional Letter of Offer.
- The assessment result of the Pre-approval is for reference only and should not be regarded as a formal loan approval from Hang Seng or a representation from Hang Seng that a formal approval will be granted. Further assessment will be conducted according to Hang Seng’s prevailing policies. The mortgage loan application is subject to formal approval of Hang Seng.
- Upon the successful application of the Pre-approval, customer is required to submit the formal mortgage application and relevant documents for approval after signing the Provisional Agreement for Sale & Purchase of the existing property and new property.
- Hang Seng may consider the credit report(s) of the customer or the guarantor from a credit reference agency for the assessment of Pre-approval. If the credit report(s) has/have expired during the formal approval stage of mortgage loan, Hang Seng shall request customer to sign the related consent form for re-approval purpose.
- If the customer's property is subject to an existing legal charge, it is the customer’s duty to consult the mortgagee bank and ascertain the terms of the existing legal charge. If necessary, the customer shall obtain consent from the mortgagee bank as to the creation of the assignment of proceeds for the Bridging Loan. If for any reasons the consent from the mortgagee bank cannot be obtained (if required), the customer shall bear all the resulting consequences and liabilities, and Hang Seng shall not be liable.
- The loan amount and terms of the Bridging Loan are subject to final approval of Hang Seng.
- Hang Seng reserves the right to suspend, revise or terminate the above offer and amend the above terms and conditions at any time. In case of any disputes, the decision of Hang Seng shall be final and conclusive. For details of the offer, please contact Hang Seng’s staff.