Why Investment Management Insurance ?
Our Investment Management Insurance (IMI) policy is designed to protect investment managers, investment advisors and the funds managed against management and professional liabilities arising from the provision of investment services. This policy is also extended to protect investment managers and funds managed from theft by employees or third parties.
Our wording is a packaged policy comprising the following coverage(s):
- Directors & Officers Liability Insurance (D&O) to protect individuals for specific management and personal liabilities.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance (PI) for investment services offered by investment managers and advisors.
- Crime Insurance to protect the investment managers and funds from theft by employees or third parties.
- Covered individuals: investment managers, investment advisers, general partners, funds, sub-funds, its subsidiaries and its board of directors, investment committee and employees.
- Covered act: Any act, error, omission, neglect, misstatement or misleading statement, breach of trust, breach of fiduciary duty or any dishonest acts of an employee in connection with any actual or alleged investment service provided.
- Covered loss: Financial loss which the covered individual is legally liable, including the legal and professional expenses incurred in defending litigation or in a regulatory investigation and damages awarded by a court or any settlement entered. It is also extended to cover direct financial loss sustained from dishonest acts of an employee.